Could there possibly be anything more rewarding than hearing precious little giggles and hearing “I love you, mommy” with a baby bear hug every day? But sometimes, moms need a little time for relaxation and emotional nourishment – and we wanted to share some of our favorite techniques to get the most out of your "me-time."
Recharging doesn’t have to take a lot of time. With just 10-15 minutes during a busy time of day, you can be rejuvenated and ready to tackle whatever the rest of the day has in store for you.
- A healthy snack and mug of hot cocoa or coffee take just a few minutes, but the benefits can last all day. For extra yumminess, consider baking up a batch of banana-oatmeal cookies as a healthy pick-me-up for you and perfect after school snacks for your little one.
- Even ten minutes of quiet meditation can change your outlook and re-ground you to tackle the rest of your day. Consider downloading an app that plays soothing nature sounds and also keeps track of the time so you don’t have to.
- You’ve heard it from Mom for years – stop and take a couple breaths. Recently, scientists have started agreeing with Mom, touting the mental and physical health benefits of slow, deep breaths to re-center your inner self.
An afternoon break can be the perfect way to refocus and recharge, even if it’s just for an hour or two.
- Who doesn’t love a mani-pedi? Kick back and relax for an hour of spoiling yourself, and leave the salon feeling like the queen that you are.
- Got an hour? Grab your walking shoes and hit the trail for a sure-fire way to convert any built-up stress into feel good energy for a boost that will take you through the rest of your day.
- Pack a lunch and head for the local park for a personal picnic. Your favorite finger foods and a good book to take you on a relaxing stroll through your imagination will have you rested up in no time – just don’t forget your shades!
The weekend is here, and you’ve managed a full day just for yourself. Get the most out of your time without breaking the bank – and get yourself a serious boost of well-being.
- For the ultimate in rejuvenation and pampering, nothing compares to a day at the spa. Deep massages, refreshing facials, and lounging by the pool can feel like an eternity of delicious relaxation.
- Think outside the Wi-Fi and consider unplugging for the day. Taking a break from the intense pace of social media and brightness of the device screen can be just what the doctor ordered. Don’t worry – all the status updates and new recipe pins will still be there.
- For a true diversion to take you into another world, consider getting crafty. Working with your hands and mild concentration will have you comfortable and stress-free in no time. Not ready to take on a new hobby? Get back to nature with a small flower garden!
Whether you have a few minutes or a few hours, it’s important to take some time and re-center yourself for optimal physical and emotional health.
Moms make everyone’s life better – don’t forget to take time for yourself!