Long days filled with warm sunshine and escapades. Cool evenings lit up by dancing fireflies. S’mores and laughter around a crackling campfire.
Summer is here and it’s time to start planning the family vacation – but where?
We’ve rounded up 5 of the best vacation destinations that are guaranteed to provide hours of relaxation and fun for the whole family – and perhaps a wee splash of education.
1. Beaches: Clear skies, warm water, and wet sand are irresistible to your little pirate. A bucket and a shovel are all they need to spend hours building sandcastles at the seashore. What could be better than walking hand-in-hand with your little starfish while splashing in the surf? With a liberal application of skin protectant to guard your cherub’s tender skin against those deliciously warm rays and a packed lunch, you’re all set for a full day of fun in the sun.
2. Zoos: Lions and tigers and bears – oh my! Amazement and delight are ahead of you from the moment you arrive with your little monkey. The sights and the sounds will have your little one ramped up for an unforgettable experience for the whole family. Don’t forget to visit the petting zoo! Be sure to pack extra snacks, bottled water, and sanitizing wipes in the stroller.
3. Playgrounds: No matter your destination, hours of endless activity await at local town playgrounds. We’re proud that quaint Sainte Geneviève, Missouri – where each pair of Chérubin moccasins is lovingly handcrafted by local artisans – features an amazing new playground to provide hours of tireless amusement. From the physical and mental stimulation of interactive play stations to the delightful squeals of “higher!” on the swings, there’s no healthier bonding experience than a day at the playground.
4. National Parks: Boundless wonder and adventure is in store for your little explorer as you engage in the rich experiences of our National Parks system. From small regions rich in culture and specializing in historical reenactments that your little one could participate in, to the vast expanses of pristine nature untouched by human contact, the National Parks allow you and your family to connect with our natural surroundings in an intimate way that bring wonder and excitement of nature home.
5. Farms: Spring and summer bring thoughts of picnics and backyard barbecues. What better way to gain an appreciation for our summer fare than with a trip to a farm? Fresh air and green rolling hills of local family farms serve as a rich environment to bring your little sprout for fun – with a subtle dose of education as a bonus. Starting with a ride on a green tractor to feeding a newborn calf to zipping through a corn maze, visiting a family farm will be an experience your family will never forget.
No matter your destination choice, always be sure to bring along an ample supply of bottled water, healthy snacks, comfy shoes and sunscreen.
With so many family-friendly options available, you will be making cherished memories for years to come.